David Ziskind is a seasoned patent attorney with Cooper Legal Group He practices in the area of intellectual property law primarily in the electrical arts, semiconductor devices and processing, and software, with emphasis on patent prosecution, opinion work, client counseling, and IP licensing and technology transactions.
David’s patent prosecution practice includes patent counseling services on matters related to patentability, patent validity, patent infringement, litigation counseling, and patent portfolio development and management, with emphasis on developing strategic plans and procedures for maximizing U.S. and worldwide intellectual property rights in a cost-effective manner.
David’s IP transactional experience includes consulting on corporate IP matters. He has drafted technology transaction documents and intellectual property licenses, and conducted intellectual property due diligence.
Prior to entering the legal field, David was an engineer at Advanced Micro Devices, where he was involved in improving processes to increase yields in their semiconductor devices.
Prior to joining Cooper Legal Group, David practiced intellectual property litigation with the international law firms of Weil,Gotshal and Manges, LLP, Sonnenchein, Nath and Rosenthal LLP (now Dentons) and Howrey LLP.
In addition, David was a Patent Examiner in the area of semiconductor devices and processing.
Most recently, David was in-house counsel at General Patent Corporation, where he oversaw patent prosecution and licensing matters in addition to providing strategic guidance in order to develop and monetize intellectual property rights.
David is a member of the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association.
- Cornell University Law School, J.D., 2000 (Technical Editor, Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, M.S. in Electrical Engineering, 1998
- State University of New York, Albany, B.S. in Mathematics, Physics (with Honors), summa cum laude, 1996
Bar Registrations and Associations
- New York State Court of Appeals
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals (Inactive)
- U.S Patent & Trademark Office (Reg. No. 70,457)