Portfolio Development Services
- Identifying inventions and other protectable assets
- Generating an intellectual property protection strategy
- Developing an in-house invention disclosure plan, employee education program, and invention threshing process
- Selecting and communicating with practitioners in related fields (foreign intellectual property counsel in other countries; corporate attorneys; tax professionals)
Asset Procurement Services
- Patentability opinions
- Utility, plant, and design patent applications (preparation, prosecution, and post-issuance practice)
- Appeals to the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (BPAI)
- Trademark applications (preparation, prosecution, and post-issuance practice)
- Copyright registrations
- Foreign filing licenses
- Export control documents
Offensive and Defensive Services
- Infringement opinions
- Freedom-to-operate opinions
- License drafting and negotiation
- Nondisclosure agreements
- Material transfer agreements
- Intellectual property portions of employment, collaboration, and consulting contracts
- Trade secret protection plans
What traits distinguish Cooper Legal Group?
Well-Honed Practice Skills
We strive to stay attuned to trends in the intellectual property field and developments in high-tech business. We are regular attendees of the annual Fall meeting of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, and are frequent attendees of presentations by such groups as the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and the Practising Law Institute.
Broad Technical and Professional Background
The members of Cooper Legal Group are avid supporters and active participants in technology. In addition to having earned various technical degrees, we maintain personal interests in the fields of technology that our clients promote. Moreover, in addition to fully covering the conventional practice areas of intellectual property law, our collective professional experience includes some ancillary practice areas, such as technology transfer, licensing, business administration, tax, and regulatory compliance.
We appreciate both the tightened funding constraints of today’s investment market for new businesses and the lean intellectual property budgets of large corporations. In addition to offering high-quality services at competitive rates, we can suggest strategies for reducing and deferring costs, and for maximizing the protective value achievable by your available resources.
Personalized, Continuous Service
Cooper Legal Group believes in the value of personalized service – of ensuring that the practitioners with whom you interact will perform the required services. We also strive to provide continuity of representation: the practitioners who initiate service on your portfolio should carry your service through to completion, even over a period of several years. This arrangement enables a persistent familiarity with your portfolio, business position, and procedures, as well as an ongoing readiness to act on your behalf.